Saturday, May 29, 2004

Awful Awful Awful

Why didn't I listen to that little voice that said to me as I woke up this morning at 6am "Stay in bed, you know you don't really want to go to Cardiff"? A mere eight hours later I arrived at the Millennium Stadium, only half an hour before kick off. In one of those spooky coincidences, I was listening to my iPod and the song playing was 'Cutting it Fine' by Asia. Indeed I was. By quarter to five I was in the depths of despondency having watched a terrible West Ham performance. The entire forward line was subbed, which says it all really. Not a pleasant journey home, as you can imagine. Oh well, back to politics tomorrow!

1 comment:

Swordsman said...

I feel your pain, Iain. We were seconds away from beating them at the Stadium of Light and joining you in Cardiff. Now we've lost all our experienced players and next year's campaign looks more difficult. But who knows, we might both get promoted automatically next year...