Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Seconds Out Round Three

It's been a great day out on the campaign trail in Corpusty, Saxthorpe and Aylmerton. There really is genuine enthusiasm for the Conservative Party out there now. We had more than a handful of LibDem-Conservative switchers and several from Labour too. I'm hugely encouraged by the reaction at the moment. This evening I went to Kettlestone Parish Council's meeting. A beautiful little village not far from Fakenham. Did an interview with North Norfolk Radio today on my integrity pledge. Tomorrow we've got David Cameron MP coming up for the day. Here's another bit of fun I'm involved with. At least, I hope it will be fun. Not sure why I have this sense of trepidation... Anyway, here's a press release I have just sent out. Read and enjoy...

Iain Dale, the Conservative Candidate in North Norfolk takes on a new career next week (on Friday 28 May at 7.45pm) when he will be co-compering a wrestling tournament, THE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS put on by the Sheringham-based UK Pitbulls at Holt Community Centre in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance. Details can be found at www.ukpitbulls.co.uk and tickets can be obtained from Roys Snack Bar or Videoscene in Sheringham or by phoning 07979342659. Iain will be compering a celebrity tag match. He will also be presenting a Giant sized cheque to the East Anglian Air Ambulance for £500, from the proceeds of his sponsored diet. In less than two months he has lost two stones in weight. Iain has promised that he will not be in 'wrestling uniform'. "I don't think I'd look very good in spandex," he grimaces. Iain says: "I am delighted to support the East Anglian Air Ambulance and if I can help them raise money by compering part of this wrestling tournament I'm only too delighted to so. It will certainly make a change from my career as a political commentator. I would also like to wish the UK Pitbulls well when they open their new gym in Cromer. I grew up in the 1970s and remember watching wrestling on the World of Sport with Dickie Davies on a Saturday afternoon. My grandmother was a great fan of Giant Haystacks and Kendo Nagasaki. I imagine the sport has changed a bit since then!"

No comments: